Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Blog Entry # 7

I truly admire Oprah Winfrey. She is such a relevant piece of the world, and countless people have her to thank for her support, generosity, kindness, and love. There is not one thing this powerful woman has not done. To be aware of the hardships she faced throughout her childhood simply mindboggles me; it is AMAZING. She is a phenomenal young woman and I pray that she continues to do the impossible. I say the "impossible" for the reason that she is the only successful woman who has done so much philanthropy work along with having her own television show. I commend her for turning her life of negativity into something positive. I was impressed and astonished when I watched an episode of her television show as she built a school for unfortunate young females in Africa. She has also made a complete 360 on people's lives who were in need. She has touched everyone's life including my own because I wish to be as helpful and caring to my community as she always is. The thing I love most about her is she does not brag about the people she helps or the good things she does for others and the world; but she is rather humble. She is the wealthiest African-American woman in America and she deserves every penny she receives. It is so clear that she has wanted to make a difference in people's lives for so long as well as changing the world. She should be very proud of herself for she has given the world the true meaning of love, care, and fine citizenship. I hope to meet her in the future because I will have so much to say to this wonderful woman. Gandhi once said, "You must be the change you wish to see in the world," and that is exactly what Oprah Winfrey IS.

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love Oprah!!! I am glad you chose her as someone you admire. She has accomplished a lot.

    ReplyDelete