Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Blog # 4

I am completely honored to read this book for the reason that Greg Mortenson has a beautiful soul and he means everything he says. He is completely determined to give the unfortunate children of Afghanistan and Pakistan an education so that they are able to excel in the future. Without a doubt, I would be honored if he were to be my father because I would be so proud of all the things he does to help those who are in need. I disagree with the people who write him letters and e-mails indicating that he is not a good father. I believe those people are very much close minded and blind to the things Greg has done for people of Afghanistan and Pakistan. Greg sets a wonderful example to those who wish to be leaders in the future. He sets a clear path for everyone to follow. I never exactly thought it would be possible for ONE PERSON to make a difference. Greg had the potential to make a difference in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and he succeeded. I definetely hope to make a difference in the future and even now. I hope to set a wonderful example for others and influence them in a positive way. The thing I realized about Mortenson is that he is never thinking initially for himself; but for those that need help. There are several people in this world who are extremely selfish and would never put anything in their lives on hold for anyone. In the story of "Three Cups of Tea," Mortenson does not continue his climb to the summit of K2 for the reason that he had to help a climber to safety. I feel that takes an abundant amount of courage and I completely commend him for that. That scene also showed that Greg Mortenson had so much faith in himself; everything he said he knew he was going to do. I wish to have a mindset such as that in the future as well as now. Greg Mortenson must continue to shine his light in the path of courageousness, generosity, and determination for there are people who would be willing to follow that light.

No comments:

Post a Comment